Entrepreneur News & Information
- NY Academy of Sciences
- NYC Bio Meetup
- NYC Bioscience Incentives Guide
- Rural Business Investment Program (RBIP)
- Science House
- The Hatchery
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
The NY Academy of Sciences sponsors a number of events and educational series focused on startups.
Sponsored by NYC Bio, their goal is to build a NYC biotech cluster.
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), March 2010
This guide provides information for bioscience companies in New York.
The Rural Business Investment Program (RBIP) promotes economic development and job creation among individuals and enterprises located in rural areas.
Science House provides information and services to help startups.
Hatchery organizes events to educate and bring the tech community together.
The Entrepreneurs College seminar series helps entrepreneurs focus their ideas and business strategies, build relationships, and access capital.
Entrepreneur Reading Room
The following list includes interesting reference articles for entrepreneurs. Please click the title of the article to read more on a particular topic.
- "Start-Up NY Application Process and Planning Considerations"
- "New York Angels Step Up to Fund Local Biotech and Medtech Startups"
- "Corporate Venture Capital is Roaring Back"
- "11 Startup Lessons From A Successful Female CEO"
- "How to raise venture capital (without losing your soul)"
- "SBIR Grant Values to Jump for Phase I and II"
- "How (Not) to Start a Company"
- "Forming a High-Tech Company"
- "Perfecting the Pitch"
- "Finding the Right Structure for Your Business"
- "Key Points to Know About SBIR"
MedTech/Hiscock & Barclay Webinar, November 2013
Xconomy New York, May 2011
VentureBeat, May 2011
OPEN Forum, April 2011
CNNMoney.com, December 2010
Genome Web Daily News, April 2, 2010
Stephen Rothman, January 2009
Nixon Peabody LLP, 2008
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, 2008
Optics & Photonics News, May 2007
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC)