Skip to main content

Material Transfers

Tangible Research Materials

Tangible research materials refers to tangible items produced during the course of academic activities and includes, among other things, biological materials such as clones, plasmids, gene fragments, DNA probes, hybridomas or other cell lines, transgenic animals and plant breeding materials.

If you are interested in the transfer of tangible research material FROM Cornell University, including from Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) and from the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station (NYSAES), TO an external recipient, i.e. an OUTGOING Transfer, click here.

For assistance or more information about material transfers, contact Jessica Lyga at or 607-255-0270.

Please note U.S. government regulations for export control apply to the transfers of certain items, materials and technologies to:

(a) any entity outside the United States; or

(b) foreign nationals anywhere, including inside the United States

A list of general categories of export-controlled items can be found at:

Additional information on export controls at Cornell can be found at:

Please contact the individuals below for any matter regarding export control.

Ithaca Campus WCMC Campus

Manager of Export Controls

Mark Adams
Associate University Counsel